Steve created, developed, implemented and led the innovative, EPA/business partnership—Best Workplaces for CommutersSM at EPA, providing significant value to the transportation-demand-management industry across the country. He grew this program faster than any previous EPA voluntary program and engaged more than 20% of the FORTUNE 500 companies to participate in the first two years. Other work he did in the Office of Transportation and Air Quality included strategic planning for EPA’s SmartWay program, helping to guide the Office’s strategy toward voluntary climate programs and bringing the concept of market transformation to the office’s leadership.
Current projects include:
- Led the implementation team at the Royal Dutch Embassy to LEED Silver (EBOM), November 2011
- Helping PolyPrep Country Day School in Brooklyn, NY develop and carry out comprehensive energy and sustainability plans
- Working with Green 20 Now, a real-time energy monitoring service that helps buildings reduce energy use by up to 20% at no upfront cost
- Founder and Chair of the Green Business Roundtable - a DC-area network of individuals, organizations, institutions and companies working at the intersection of sustainability and business success.
- Carbonfund.org, a not-for-profit carbon offset provider - Senior Strategic Advisor and Chief Operating Officer.
- The CarbonNeutral Company (formerly GreenLife), a start-up, private, carbon markets company - Business Development Director
- Arlington County, VA's Arlington Initiative to Reduce Emissions (AIRE) - Director of Transportation Projects
- Green Made Simple, a web-based, energy efficiency content provider - Strategy and Business Development