Management of University Endowments in an Era of Climate Change
This Symposium features national experts in the areas of finance, corporate governance, university governance, venture funding, economics, and more. This Symposium is the first of its kind to be held in our nation’s capital, bringing thought leaders and business leaders together in an exciting and dynamic discussion (see list of panelists below).
Registration information is here.
Who should attend?
- Professional money managers
- Policy makers, followers and influencers
- College alumni who care about the future direction and financial condition of their institutions
- All with an interest in the intersection of climate change, sustainability and financial markets
- General admission: $69.
- ISSP members: $59.
- Students: $25 (must bring student ID to event)
- Dan Apfel, Executive Director, Responsible Endowments Coalition, NYC
- Lee Coker, Project Manager, Corporate Partnerships Program, Environmental Defense Fund, NYC
- David Hales, President, Second Nature, and President Emeritus, College of the Atlantic, Bar Harbor, Maine
- Bevis Longstreth, Former Commissioner, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission; Retired Partner, Debevoise & Plimpton, LLP, NYC, and Trustee, New School University, NYC
- Nell Minow,Co- Founder, GMI Ratings, and Former President, Institutional Shareholder Services, Washington, DC
- Mark Orlowski, Founder, Responsible Endowments Coalition, and Founder and Current Executive Director, Sustainable Endowments Institute, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Cameron Prell, Senior Counsel, McGuire Woods, Washington, D.C., Vice-Chair, American Bar Association’s Energy & Environmental Markets & Finance Committee, and International Environmental Law Committee; Board Member, UK-Based Climate Markets & Investments Association
Sponsors: DC Net Impact and Pax World Funds
Symposium will be followed by a Climatini reception and happy hour at the nearby Elephant & Castle